PROVENTIL HFA Inhalation Aerosol is indicated in adults and children 4 years and older for the treatment or prevention of bronchospasm with reversible obstructive airway disease and for the prevention of exercise-induced bronchospasm.
Important Safety Information About
PROVENTIL HFA Inhalation Aerosol
- Do not use PROVENTIL HFA if you are allergic to albuterol sulfate or any of the ingredients of PROVENTIL HFA. Ask your doctor if you have questions.
- If you find that your symptoms become significantly worse when you use PROVENTIL HFA, contact your doctor immediately because this reaction can be life threatening.
Important Safety Information About PROVENTIL® HFA (albuterol sulfate) Inhalation Aerosol (continued)
- PROVENTIL HFA should not be used more frequently than recommended. Do not increase the number of puffs or frequency of doses of PROVENTIL HFA without consulting your physician. If you find that treatment with PROVENTIL HFA becomes less effective for symptomatic relief, your symptoms become worse, and/or you need to use the product more frequently than usual, medical attention should be sought immediately.
- Tell your doctor if you have a heart, blood, or seizure disorder; high blood pressure; diabetes; or an overactive thyroid.
- Some medicines can interfere with how well asthma medications work. Tell your doctor about all medicines you are taking, especially heart medicines and drugs that treat depression.
- While you are taking PROVENTIL HFA, other inhaled drugs and asthma medications should be taken only as directed by your physician.
- If you are pregnant or nursing, contact your physician about the use of PROVENTIL HFA.
- The most common side effects with the use of PROVENTIL HFA include infection of the ears, nose, and throat; runny nose; nausea; tremor; nervousness; rapid heartbeat; vomiting; chest pain; and palpitation.
You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088.
Please read the Patient's Instructions for Use and discuss it with your doctor. The physician Prescribing Information also is available.
Having trouble paying for your Merck medicine? Merck may be able to help.
For more information please visit www.merckhelps.com